Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Food over food over food // Smelling like a bonfire is sexy


Hello, it is I, Nara, arisen from yet another food-coma and loads of smoke!




Since we hosted two guests at our place, i offered to stay at a friend's home for a night. And because my dear friend is a great hostess herself, I started my day with delicious apple-waffles!
Afterwards we continued our food-journey to our next friend who we hadn't seen in over a week ( that's really, really long for us ) and there we decided to open the barbecue-season.

For this we needed fire. My friend only had a hole in her garden ( which is one of the most efficient barbecue strategies as it turned out ) and someone had to face the challenge to make fire out of wood charcoal, wood, paper and a lighter.

I accepted the challenge - and succeeded! There was a lot of tearing and cursing because the smoke of course always turned into the direction where you stood, but in the end we had well lit charcoal, just waiting to cook our meals!


The food was really tasty, the atmosphere you have with friends makes everything taste even richer :)



The only thing that really bothers me though, I smell like my clothes were thrown into the fire, too. There is just no possible way to escape this one downside of barbecueing or chilling at a bonfire.
Maybe I should just walk around in a plastic bag. At least I wouldn't smell so bad then?




No comments:

Post a Comment