Monday, April 7, 2014

Crazy dog person? // Perception of love

Whatcha'll doing my crunchy cookie crumbles? It's Lou.

It's been quite hectic and busy lately.. Uni's started again and even though I'm not obliged to go (since I'm going to move to Berlin in august) I want to.. I mean I spent money on that semester, might as well go there from time to time right? No better place to play Pokémon on your phone than at Uni ;)

Yesterday was my brother's birthday and therefore I went home to spend a couple of hours with my family and puppies, which brings me to the intention behind this post: My changed perception of love. 

I had quite a traumatizing experience yesterday when me and my brothers were walking the dogs. They're both drop-dead adorable, friendly and calm- most of the time. We always have them on long leashes so that they can run a little more freely. Then, all of a sudden, one of my dogs pulled like crazy, rushing past the hedge and then started biting another dog that had been behind the hedge apparently.. I don't know why he did that, he wouldn't even let go when we tried to get him away from the dog. I'd never seen or experienced such a behaviour in one of our dogs before. Nothing serious happened, the other dog didn't even bleed. Still, I got so scared and I was shaking.

When people asked me if I know what love was, I couldn't really find an answer. I mean, everbody's got an image of love, right? Being able to be yourself around your significant other, feeling secure and safe when somebody's around. Of course your family falls into that category. But it's way more than that. It's the little things, happening every day in your life that you so easily tend to take for granted. I remember when one of our dogs died how devastated my family was. Still, I was younger than I am now. When my dog showed this strange and aggressive behaviour yesterday it took me back to that time. What if the dog had actually fought back and bit him to death? I felt so helpless and just burst into tears, which I hadn't in such a long time.

 I think that only pet owners or even only dog owners can relate to what I'm trying to say here. Dogs love you unconditionally. Once you adopt them their lives revolve around nothing but you- you become their everything. They wait for you when you're at work, want to be played with and sleep by your side. So, even when you're having a really bad day, don't take it out on your dogs. They don't have anything to do with what's happened in your day. I'm saying that because I felt so guilty when our dog died. Times when I wouldn't say hi to him when I came home, ignoring him. Being really pissed when mum wanted me to walk him. I so wish I could go back and treat him better than I did. At the end I didn't even say goodbye to him when I went to school, came back and he had died from a stroke while I was gone.

I'm not saying that a dog's love is the purest and most unconditional there is.. but- for me, it's a gift that you should appreciate. I love my two puppies.

Stay strong xx

Lou




No comments:

Post a Comment