Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Am I supposed to apologise? // Outlook on society

Aloha my sugar-coated honeypuffs ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ





Have you ever wondered why people always give their best to conform to society? Why they allow people to put themselves down, not realising their inner strength and beauty?

I know I have. Be prepared for some serious babbling with me :)



Growing up in a household where I was told that it was good to be different and to tolerate and accept others regardless of how they dressed, looked like or spoke, I can not help but feel frustrated about all the hatred and ignorance going on in society. I like to dress the way I feel, listen to my favourite music depending on my mood and do the things I like to do.


Why would people even bother to comment on my looks, my apparent "weird" choice of clothing or my geistures? How does that even affect other people in a way that'd make them talk about, or even worse, look down on me?


As a harmony-loving person I just can't understand why people would be cruel to another human being without knowing their soul. I know how many children and young adults (including moi) are struggling to find a place on this earth, but believe me, it's not you who should feel bad about themselves. People who put you down just aren't fortunate enough, haven't grown enough to understand what life is about: loving the people around you and most importantly: loving yourself unconditionally. You should, at no point in your life, feel pressured to conform. At the end of the day self-awareness and what you think about yourself is what truly matters, not what less lucky individuals declare you to be. If you wake up every morning to the sound of something that somebody said about you, it will eventually turn you sick. It's toxic.


Focus on all the good things around you. Surround yourself with people who love and support you in every way and give back as much love and support as you receive. Always remember that you're not alone on this path and rather than getting angry and upset, think of it as an opportunity: Life's been made hard for those who will shine at the end of the journey. Keep pushing and know, that there's a bunch of unique, lovely and crazy people who are going through the same things as you.

I'm sounding like Oprah, so cheesy.

Anyway, this has been on my mind forever and I just felt like writing it down in order to clear my mind. Let's make this a better place, it's so easy.

Stay strong and beautiful




No comments:

Post a Comment